Sep 12, 2013

Racking up debt in my first month in Indonesia

I'm well into the second month of being in Indonesia and these posts are long overdue.   As you all may imagine, there is a lot going on and lots to share.  I do miss Robert, our menagerie, my friends and family (not just in the US but in other parts of the world!). But despite the adventures and misadventures of settling in a new place and job, I have the feeling of familiarity and newness.  

If you want the highlight of my first month, the subject heading says it all:  I’ve racked up debt past counting in my first month.   It isn’t monetary debt but like the debt that third world countries owe to the World Bank, it is unpayable.  The debt I have incurred is with the many Indonesian and expat people who welcomed me and helped me settle in Bogor. Thanks to them, I find myself saying “Saya pulang ke Bogor” (I am going home to Bogor).  If you want details read the posts that follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment